Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Day to the Museum!


We recently were able to go to the Museum of Science and Industry. It is a very large and incredible museum in Chicago. We were there the whole day and still were unable to see it all. We loved it.


They have a Boeing 727 that you can go in and see the cockpit and other parts of the plane. All the planes are really interesting. They also have a very large model train exhibit.




The kids were able to watch a robotic toy factory. They ordered their toy and watched it get made step by step.


Our favorite part it of our day was this real submarine called the U-505. This is the only submarine that the U.S. captured from the Germans in WWII. It has an incredible story. This sub was brought down through the St. Lawrence river from the Atlantic Ocean. The museum then built around it. You can also take tours of the inside of it. It is a huge, spectacular sight!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Jen!
I was just going to tell you that Rachel adopted an African American little girl! She is beautiful! I'll post some pictures on my blog! Love ya!

Jen Bay said...

I love the new picture of the kids at the top of your blog! Cute!

I'm Jenny said...

Sounds like fun! Sorry to hear about the cold weather! I have to say, it has been somewhat bearable here. (30's and 40's). Still, can't wait for spring, though. WE MISS YOU TOO!!

Jodi said...

Hey Jen!!! Looks like you guys are doing tons of fun things!! How exciting!!! I'm so glad your all doing well and having fun!! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog!! We love you guys and miss you guys so much!! We just got a bunch of old disposable cameras developed and there were so many pictures of your kids!! I'll have to figure out how to scan and send them to you!!

Angela said...

That looks like an awesome museum. I used to think they were boring, but since we just went to one here, they have grown on me. I like that the museum was built around the sub. That kind of thing intrigues me. Good to see what you're up to. And your kids are getting cuter every blog, if that's possible!

Jeni said...

Hi jen! So glad to see what you've been up to! Love you girl.